Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rambling

Oh my gosh, is it Tuesday already? This lack of sleep must be getting to me.

The baby woke up about 3 hours earlier than normal today, which sucks in SO many ways. I don't think I've gotten more than 4 hours of sleep a night for the past few weeks.

I'm so behind on everything. I need to make 10 pairs of earrings, I'm two days behind on my featured seller posts, I've had a half-finished purse sitting next to my sewing machine all week, and the list goes on. I just don't have the drive to do any of it right now! I've (temporarily, I hope) lost my "spark" when it comes to everyday crafting. I still love doing planned projects, but the spontaneous experiments have all been miserable failures this month. When I finally get inspired to work on a new design and it turns out looking awful, it just puts me off of making anything else. It has always bothered me when I've realized I'm not nearly skilled enough to create what I see in my head. I really need to snap out of it though, because my shop is starting to look a little dated.

Well... yeah. That was a whole lot of nothing, wasn't it? Sorry about that. I may come back and delete this post later, once I've taken a NAP or something.

Get 10% off anything in either of my shops by entering the code "NCM07" in the message to seller box during checkout and waiting for a revised invoice. Offer valid today only. Thanks for reading my rants and ramblings. :)
Main Shop
Supplies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't be hard on yourself. Art is suppost to be fun, not pressure. Don't let it become pressure. Your sooo wonderful at what you do.
Just do what you do, when you have time to do it and don't worry about the rest.
I know, eaiser said than done...lololol I should take my own advice. LOLOLOLOLOL
Anyhoo, I just wanted to say that though. If you pressure yourself to much, you'll get sick. :)
*HUGS*

Jenn Maruska said...

Don't get discouraged! That happens to me, too. I've spent an entire day on something and had it not come out right.

What helps me cheer up is taking a break and working on a small scale project that is easy and quick. That little success will keep you motivated to tackle the harder stuff : )

What a cute little Easter boy you have!

: ) Jenn