Saturday, April 14, 2007

Finished Object

Check out my very first crocheted hat! It's made with TLC Heathers yarn, in "Lilac".



This was the first time I'd ever worked in rounds, and the first time I'd done multiple stitch types in the same project! I did the main part of the hat in double crochet, then I added a row of treble crochet (so you can run a ribbon through if you'd like), and I finished it with a scalloped edge.



I want to list it in my Etsy shop, but I'm not sure. I mean, it IS the middle of April already. It's lightweight, so maybe it could still be worn during the last part of Spring? Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I shall list it in the morning. :)

5 comments:

Sandra Eileen said...

Great hat, I can't believe it is your first one. My crochet does not turn out so lovely. Very pretty color too! It would look great with my New Rhapsody in Blue Necklace. Love that blue.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work! It is your first you say? You couldn't tell to look at it! You did a Fab. job on it!
*HUGS*

Amanda said...

Thank you both very much! And yes, it wasn't only my first hat, it was my first time crocheting in the round. :) I'm unhappy with the "seam line" in the back, but that just means I'll have to research how to avoid that for next time!

Steph said...

Beautiful work! And such a great color!

Jenn Maruska said...

I love the color you used - very spring-y and happy : )