Friday, April 6, 2007

Featured Seller #3 - SapphireLizard

SapphireLizard has a shop that's packed full of beautiful jewelry! She's got a little bit of everything to offer. Here's her interview!



What's your real name?
Laura Hexamer

Any fun stories behind your shop name?
I have always thought that lizards are cute. I've never had one as a pet or anything, and probably never will, but they're cute. So cute, that I have a lizard tattoo! Its a little blue lizard. When it came time to decide on a shop name, I thought that would be a cute place to start. Add my September birthday to the mix with a lovely sapphire birthstone and there you have it...SapphireLizard.



When did you start crafting, and why?
I have tried my hands at a number of crafty endeavors. Quite frankly, I'm not all that good at other crafts. I started beading a little over a year ago. Originally it was just a hobby. It was my escape. I tried to make a little bit of time for myself every night working with my beads. After a while, I was wanting to create items that went beyond my own personal style. That's when I decided to take the leap into selling my work. Since then, I've learned a lot and had a ton of fun doing it!

What inspires you?
Nature. My family. Just about everything.



What's your favorite item of those you currently have listed, and why?
My Copper Jewels ring in my current favorite. It is truly OOAK and I think it would stand out in a crowd. I have so much fun making the rings because I never really know how they're going to turn out. I just choose some colors and go with the flow. This particular ring turned out really well.

Thank you, Laura!



Visit SapphireLizard's shop, and let her know you saw her here!

No comments: