Thursday, April 5, 2007

Featured Seller #2 - KristieGK

KristieGK has such a beautiful shop, filled with everything from greeting cards to jewelry! Hers is one of many shops that I love looking through, even when I don't have money to spend. Check out her interview...


What's your real name?
Kristie Klepper

Any fun stories behind your shop name?
Sadly, No fun story. I chose to use my real name because that is what I am known as at all of my internet "haunts" and I wanted to remain familiar to my more established clients when I began selling at etsy. ;)

When did you start crafting, and why?
I've always been a crafter. As far back as I can remember I wanted to take things and alter them, change them and put my own personal spin on them. As I got older I tried counted cross stitch, crochet, painting, sketching, beading and scrapbooking. As for why...I think it's just a part of who I am. I don't think I would be Kristie if I wasn't a crafter. lol


What inspires you?
I get inspiration from so many things/places/people, even scents! Magazine articles inspire some of the best scrapbook layouts I've ever made. Clothing and fabric patterns inspire a lot of my jewelry designs. Most of all my wonderful husband Chris inspires me. He is always so encouraging of my creations and efforts.

Are there any Etsy sellers that inspire you, or that you really look up to?
Oh are there! There are many,many Etsy sellers in my favorites and I look in their shops daily! I would list them but I'd be here for HOURS! lol

What's your favorite item of those you currently have listed, and why?
My Garden of Flight bracelet is my current favorite. It just makes me happy to look at it because I love pinks and greens together. I also love butterflies and dragonflies. It has the best of both.


Do you have any advice you'd like to share for people trying to make
it in the crafting world?

My advice would be to chose a craft that you truly enjoy. One that brings you true pleasure and is something you would spend your time doing even if you weren't getting paid one thin dime! That way you are being true to yourself, it seems a LOT less like work, and getting paid is just the icing on the cake instead of the goal. Clear as mud? lol

What's your favorite website, other than Etsy?
www.lifetimemoments.com

Any last words?
Yes! Buy handmade and support Etsy artisans! :)


Thank you, Kristie!




Visit Kristie's shop, and let her know you saw her here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful interview! I have just painted but I have often thought of making crafts of all kinds. :) What an inspiration. :) Thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

NY City Jewelry now brings you handmade antique duplicate dolls! All of our Dolls are completly handmade from authentic original molds. Unlike any others you may see, they are one of a kind.Once they are sold,
there are no others available. We have a small inventory, and will be selling original Antique French and German dolls, which are also only one of a kind. Our duplicate Dolls are handpainted with exact paints and colors used over 80 years ago.